Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi in collaboration with HPW Fresh and Dry Limited, Adeiso Presents:
Maiden Edition of FRUITY-CHALLENGE
Are you a creative and innovative student/ teaching assistant of KNUST?
Then this is your opportunity to develop the next biggest dried fruit-based food product or package design to hit the Ghanaian market and beyond. Individuals or teams are simply required to develop an innovative conceptual fruit-based product or package design for an existing or new product.
The top three teams from the pitch content shall receive prize products equivalent to 10,000.00 Ghana cedis from HPW Fresh and Dry Limited, Adeiso. The winning team will also get the opportunity to develop their product/design with support from industry sharks and academicians.
How to Participate
To participate in the coco-challenge, complete a registration form and submit your conceptual idea(s) using the link https://bit.ly/2Ti2Xj1 not later than Friday, 29th March, 2019.
Participants are required to present at most a 5-page description of their conceptual product. Submitted concept notes would be screened and the teams’ that meet both eligibility and product selection criteria qualify to pitch their product idea to a selected panel.
Eligibility Criteria for Participation
● Should be registered students of KNUST
● A team should not consist of more than five (5) members
Criteria for screening
a. Product Idea
1. Product should be focused on a dried fruit-based food product
2. Subsidiary ingredients to be included should be indigenous and available.
3. Product should be nutritious, free from toxic substances and must meet statutory requirements
4. Product viability should be realizable in the short term (3 years’ maximum)
5. Products which require relatively cheaper raw materials as well as machinery is preferred and must be environmentally friendly
6. Target market for products should be well stipulated
7. Product should have commercial value
8. Products should be able to cut across the local and foreign market
b. Package Design
1. Should be focused on a dried fruit-based food product
2. Should be innovative
3. Should cut across both local and international market
4. Should facilitate commercial appeal
5. Must be environmentally friendly
Important Dates (tentative)
● Call for Conceptual Product Ideas Monday, 11th March, 2019
● Deadline for Submission of Conceptual Product Ideas Friday, 29th March, 2019
● Screening of submitted Conceptual Product Ideas Wednesday, 3rd April, 2019
● Announcing selected teams Thursday, 11th April, 2019
● Pitch contest and Announcement of winners Friday, 12th April, 2019
● Internship and Product Development Monday, 10th June, 2019