The College Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Systems Analyst is Patrice Vasco Asamoah .
- Facilitate work by offering training and assistance in ICT services
- Identification of business processes , analyze them for possible optimization
- Enhancing internet/intranet access via wireless or wired means
- Expediting information dissemination via SMS, email etc.
- Training on staff on the use of in-house software applications and other basic ICT skills.
- Facilitate the students’ registration process, teaching, research and learning
- Maintenance of ICT equipment
- Services we offer
- Analyze the current trends of business processes and see if there can be possible automation
- Train personnel on new applications developed by the UITS- applications unit
- Assist the College Exams Officer in the generation of centralised teaching time table i.e. with the use of a software application
- Troubleshooting of network i.e. internet/intranet related issues
- Handling of Staff electronic- mail issues
- Management of the College/departmental website
- Coordinating procurement of ICT equipment
- Coordinating the maintenance and repairs of ICT hardware
- Assist in the processes of students’ registration
- Orientation of freshmen and women on ICT use on KNUST Campus
- Generation of ad-hoc reports for management
- Advice on ICT matters at College Board meetings
- Assist students by offering guidance in ICT related projects – i.e. selecting useful software application for them, project topics, offering tutorials
- Facilitate information dissemination via SMS, email etc.
- Offer IT system auditing services
- Offer community service in the area of ICT
- Mentoring of National Service Personnel and Interns in the area of ICT
- Managing Transcript generation
- Management of ICT Labs
- Future trends /developments
The College is setting up a Hardware and Maintenance Service centre under the auspices of the IT office to oversee data recovery and hardware repairs - i.e. troubleshooting, maintenance, etc.
In the near future, the unit under the service-to-community module of the College shall adopt selected institutions for mentoring and support.
- Useful links
Check Payslip - https://webapps.knust.edu.gh/payslip/
Staff Portal - https://webapps.knust.edu.gh/staffportal
Admission Portal - https://www.knust.edu.gh/admissions
KNUST Institutional Repository -http://ir.knust.edu.gh/
KNUST general portal (Students & Staff) -https://apps.knust.edu.gh/
Locate our office
Aboagye Menyeh Complex
Third Floor - TF19
Mr. Patrice Vasco Asamoah