The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) in collaboration with Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is organizing Developing the Next Generation of Researchers workshop (NextGen2020) on 16th to 20th March, 2020 at KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana.
The NextGen2020 Workshop will provide an opportunity for senior academic staff and emerging researchers to explore innovative approaches to professional development and collaboration.
Over the course of five days, delegates will learn about international good practice in career and professional development planning for early career researchers. This will include looking at how best practice is being applied within Ghana, and hearing first-hand from rising academic stars from across the country about how they are forging ahead in their research careers.
The workshop will cover:
- Professional Development Planning for early career researchers
- How to maximise research impact
- Benefits of mentoring and research collaboration between senior and early career researcher
- How to identify and address gaps in institutional support for early career researchers
- How to engage early career researchers in institutional strengthening.